Friday, June 12, 2009

One Week Down, 51 To Go



Where to even start about my first week on this job? 

It's been a crazy, crazy week. We held auditions on Monday, and had eighty-seven kids show up. The unfortunate part is that most of the kids were very talented, but we only had roles for 57, and 3 Assistant Directors, so we had to not cast talented children (which sucks when you see their disappointed eyes looking up at you). Throughout the week, one AD, and three cast members quit, which was actually OK, because we just switched some things around. 

From Monday afternoon through Wednesday morning we taught the kids the entire show, and Thursday/Friday we ran through our show four times. The show goes up tomorrow, with one show at 3 and the second at 7. The kids have done an amazing job, and the show looks like it will be a success. I will be performing with the kids this week, and little do they know, but I am equally as nervous as they are. 

All of the locals have told us how lucky we have been, because the weather has been very mild compared to most June days. The temperature had remained in the low to mid- nineties, until today, where it got blazing hot outside. Fortunately the house we're staying at has a pool in the backyard. The house we're staying in is amazing. It's enormous and in a gated community. The woman we're staying with isn't ever here, because her father is really sick. So basically Addie and I have the house to ourselves 
for the most part. Addie and I are also lucky because our trainer, Amy, knows 
the owners of Broadway Arizona, a local professional dinner theatre. Therefore tonight we get to eat, and see "Bye, Bye, Birdie" (unfortunately) for free!! 

And now for the "truck incident". Yes, we have a huge dent in our truck, because it takes a little while before you get comfortable driving a truck. However, I am not the one responsible for the dent. Addie was pulling into the parking lot of the theatre in Missoula, and cut it a little too hard, and hit another MCT Truck. Both trucks are fine, and no one was injured, just a little embarrassing to be the team that is in an accident the first week. You can see the dent in the picture :-(... 

On Sunday we leave for Artesia, NM, which is a measly nine and a half hours away. It's pretty far away, but it's about the same distance that it takes me to get home from IWU, so I think I'll be able to handle it. It'll be nice to have someone to split driving time
 with. Love and miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. That house looks awesome! I'm super jealous...but I'm glad you're having fun. Miss you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete